Thursday, April 3, 2008

Not A Choice

'Miracle 3'
From the Miracle Series
Watercolor on cold pressed aquarelle paper, 6 x 10 in.

"It is not a choice, it is a child." So goes a bumper sticker.

Driving from downtown Chicago, traffic was a little slow at the Dan Ryan Expressway. Slow enough for me to read the lines from the trucks that went past me. Unlike others that I've read, this one made me ponder intimately all the way home.

The words hit so close to home. True enough, I resolved to myself. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here. Painting, writing and doing my part in helping the little ones out there. This blog wouldn't have existed. I wouldn't have existed.

I was once a child who came at an unfortunate time. She was young, rearing a three year old and just had a baby. Money was scarce, the future seems bleak, all was lost except hope. Then I came.

But she 'had' me. Because I wasn't a choice, I was a child.

Thank you for having me. Otherwise, I won't be here cuddling this little person I am so in love with.

My child, your grandchild.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said, beautiful.
I got your link in the forum your template is awesome, My blogs a mess

Anonymous said...

thank-you so much for stopping by and for your kind encouragement!

marsha said...

this is such a touching post. i love everything about it .. from the painting, to the sweet words ...

AscenderRisesAbove said...

lovely choice of words with this piece of art; very thought provoking

ascenderrisesabove.com/wordpress