Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Last One Minute

Notice the time stamp on this post - 11:59 pm.  A minute left before midnight, then a new day dawns.  You must be wondering how I was able to compose such narrative in a matter of minute.

I am no superwoman who can speed through the keyboard in a flash, typing more than a hundred words in a minute.  Otherwise, I'll be in the Guinness Book of Records by now, reaping royalties from my popularity.  Wouldn't that be nice.  Instead I'm persisting as a devout artist and writer.

Last February 14, I made a commitment to write daily.  I resisted putting up a blog for years, doubtful if I'll have the ability to scrape of a bit of my time from my 'too much in one day' existence.  This time, as a gift to myself, I won't just scrape out but 'devote' time to do the things I love the most - painting and writing.  It was Valentine, I deserve some 'self-loving' resolution.

I knew for sure it will be challenging.  Painting daily is already a huge commitment to keep.  Add writing to it, then you have two extra tasks to tackle with.  That's on top of working, mothering and running a household.

But life is too short to procrastinate.  Pursuing your dreams is a wisdom I strive to instill in the minds and hearts of the little people in my life right now.  Who are they?  My little man (who's growing too quick), three nieces and four nephews.  I hope to teach them to make the most out of every second in their lives.  To someday look back and not say 'I wish I've done that.'  

That it's never too late to live our dreams.  There's always that 'last one minute' waiting for us.  We can do wonders if we seize the time efficiently.  

Like write this whole blog in sixty seconds.  



2 comments:

Sarah McBride said...

wow, I dont think I could have typed that out in 60 seconds.
I, too, have made a goal to Blog daily(or at least 5 times a week). I find it hard to find things to blog about, or hard to find the time. But I think I can manage 60 seconds of my day! thanks for inspiring me!

Anonymous said...

Hi There!
Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love your blog as well! Your art is amazing! I wish I had that kind of talent! Card making and scrapbooking is just my way of relieving stress. I look forward to visiting your blog often!
http://preciousmemories02.blogspot.com

http://andrea02.etsy.com