Saturday, November 26, 2011

One Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

One Minute Chocolate Cup-Cake

Five minute mug cakes are increasingly getting popular.  It's a quick sweet fix, convenient and easy to clean up.  We tried different recipes and although it only takes 5 minutes to cook it, making the cake mix still takes quite a bit of time.  I also found out that eggs in a microwave is not a good idea (just think salmonella).  I searched for a mug cake recipe using store bought cake mixes and didn't found any, maybe I just have to click past the 2nd page in the google search result.

After 3 burnt cakes in a cup, we finally got the perfect timing and mix right.  So, without further ado, we (me and our little man) present to you our 1 minute mug cake.  

:: Ingredients ::
microwaveable mug or cup
8 tablespoons of Devil's Food cake mix (we used Duncan Hine's)
1 tablespoon of water
1 tablespoon of oil
drop of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of chocolate morsels (chopped up chocolate bars work too)

:: How-To ::

mix all dry ingredients
add wet ingredients
mix in the cup or mug
microwave on high for 1 minute for 1000w ovens
let sit for 1-2 minutes
top with nutella or whipped cream
sprinkle with nuts (skip if allergic to nuts)

Enjoy! 

Let me know if you made some and how you liked it.

1 comment:

Pili said...

I might have to figure this recipe too myself but since I dislike cake mixes I'll see what I can work out!