Monday, August 11, 2008

The House Portrait

Our first house portrait
He drew in ink
Big oak tree stands tall
With deep blue skies

He's not crafty but made me
A neat handmade birthday card
With colorful pencils he wrote
You're unlike any other mother

Others just feed and bathe
Let little ones sleep alone
You sing and dance while
Holding his hands

Even when he cries out loud
You patiently cuddles
Rocks him to la-la land
I hear sighs but also see smiles

Auntie I may be thirteen
But I already know
You are one of the best mom
I've ever seen

Thank you Micah for a beautiful card and message.





2 comments:

capitolagirl said...

Awww. What a sweet sentiment!

Rosebud Collection said...

That was very touching and from the heart..No amount of money could have bought you a better card..priceless.