Monday, February 22, 2010

Baby Bursts


'Baby'
Watercolor Illustration. (c) 2010

I painted this for my cousin's baby shower. We're due on the same date! How about that.

I must have missed mentioning that we're expecting our second child. Yes! Another boy on the way. Growing the baby has been one of the things that was keeping me occupied that's why I wasn't able to update my blog regularly.

Although I've been down this road before, parts of the pregnancy journey seems all so new again. And I'm enjoying the perks that come with being pregnant. I get to use the 'Stork Parking' at Babies R Us and enjoy the heavenly foot massages courtesy of hubby, to name a few.

I've been receiving messages requesting updates on my recent 'projects'. Recently, I've been busy making baby gifts for relatives who are either having a baby or just had one. On top of that, I'm preparing for my upcoming one-woman art show this coming March in downtown Chicago. To make it even more exciting, the opening will be four days before my due date.

Hopefully, our baby won't decide to come out by then. I'll keep you posted if he decides to or not. If you're a mom who's expecting like me, the illustration above is dedicated to you too. I wish you all the joys a new baby brings.

Happy Belly Burst Day!



No comments: